Deaf Access and mental health
Deaf Access and mental health
Deaf struggles
Many deaf people struggle to make ends meet but they are hardworking when find their right job skills. During COVID, many deaf had struggled with mask issues, why? Because many of them rely on reading lips. Fortunately, I used my phone to type out for communication, I had no problem. We all faced obstacles to deal with everyday task.
Now we are still Under a pandemic but less restriction, no mask , also whether to get vaccine or not, I still bring mask just in case , still wear it for bus ride to and from my destination.
How did I cope? I took one day at a time and kept routine, communication with friends via social media, FaceTime, Zoom , mostly text, email.
Journaling , video, YouTube, any access to get out your emotions is bes for your health, next topic is Depression, and Covid, how can we have better access to reduce cost for mental health access. My own research found how expensive to get therapy and less accessible, this need to change, many of us struggling with loneliness and communication.
I will be setting up WhatsApp group for deaf/hard of hearing if interested feel free to contact me.
Comments
Post a Comment